Most people associate July 1st with Canada Day and the beginning of a seemingly endless summer. It’s a time of ice cream, fireworks, starry nights, and campfires. But the beginning of Q3 2023 will be unlike any other time in digital marketing history; when business owners and leaders wake up to… Google Analytics data gone!
That’s right as of July 1, 2023 Google is sunsetting (a fancy technology word for discontinuing) Universal Analytics (UA). Google Analytics (UA) is used by 28.1 million website worldwide including, likely, your organization’s. It will be replaced with Google Analytics 4, but there’s no need to panic… yet.
Time is still on your side and Team Mintent is here to help.
- Your organization’s website is likely currently tagged with GA Universal Analytics (UA) collecting data behind the scenes so you can understand website traffic volume, sources, and visitor behaviour. Your digital marketing team then uses this data to make decisions about how to improve outcomes.
- It is normal for a company (in this case Google) to sunset products (in this case UA) as products age and new and better ways evolve. This is why Google is replacing GAUA with GA4.
- Google has provided notice to the world that as of July 1, 2023 they will not be collecting data into UA. They will only be collecting data into GA4.
- Google is currently collecting data into GA4.
- GA4 is free.
- Websites can run both GA-UA and GA4.
- Team Mintent wants to install GA4 on your website to ensure you are not caught in the data analytics void.
- If you are currently a client of Mintent’s we have already installed GA4 on your website.